Sunday 19 March 2017

My Current Skin Care Routine


I always make sure to take good care of my skin. I have a combination of oily and dry skin so I am always trying to balance them out. I've always thought it is important to look after your skin and I am always trying new routines and products to see what works best for me. 

Morning: 
I start in the morning by splashing water on my face.
I decide not to use a cleanser in the morning because my face is already clean from the night before and I want to minimise the amount of products I use as it sometimes dries out my face and gives me more breakouts.
Next, I use a toner. The one I have always used is the Witch Hazel Toner. I’m usually one to try different products after each empty bottle, but this is the one product I have kept using from the start. I have tried other toners but don't get the same results. It does have a strong smell when you use it for the first time, but you do get use to it as now I find I can't smell it anymore.
Next is a face serum. I’ve only recently started using a serum in the last 6 months but I have found that it helps to even my skin tone and I don’t need to wear a full coverage foundation anymore. The one I am currently using is the Sukin Super Green Facial Recovery Serum. I like using this one in the morning as it feels more like a moisturiser and not an oil like some other serums I've seen, so my face doesn't get oily during the day. 
Next is moisturisers. I use both an eye cream and a face moisturiser. If I am going to be outside I use a face cream with sunscreen such as the Olay Complete Daily UV Moisturising Lotion 30+, otherwise, I use a plain facial moisturiser. 

Night: 
My night time routine is very similar except that I use a micellar water such as the Byphasse Micellar Makeup Remover Solution to get rid of any makeup and then a cleanser for a deeper clean. The current cleaner I am using is the Sukin Cream Cleanser
I continue with the toner and then apply a different serum to my morning one. I've been using an oil based serum at night as it doesn't matter if my face feels a little oily. The one I am currently using is the Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+. It does feel a little bit weird rubbing oil onto my face, however, it does have a nice feel to it and my face hasn't been as dry. After applying a serum, I put on my eye cream again and then a night mask such as the Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Sleeping Mask.

I also like to at least once a week use a facial mask as I find that it helps control my oily skin and with any blemishes I may have.


What is your skin care routine like? Do you have a skin care product you really love? I would love some new products to try out!





Follow me on:
Bloglovin' | Twitter | Pinterest | Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment