Sunday 19 February 2017

The Cardio You Didn't Know You Were Doing

I have always associated cardio with running. I always forget that there is so much more to cardio than just running. There are a lot of cardio activities that are things I don’t even consider as exercise!
So what is cardio? Cardio is short for cardiovascular and is any exercise that gets your heart pumping. Cardiovascular exercises are important as they strengthen your heart and lungs as well as helping you build up your stamina. 

Here are some activities you can do for your next cardio workout. Some of these you probably do already on a regular basis!
-Walking
-Painting a room/house
-Cleaning the house
-Running
-Cycling
-Washing your car
-Skipping
-Grocery shopping
-Trampolining
-Vacuuming
-Changing the sheets on your bed
-Dusting
-Swimming
-Boxing
-Rowing
-Gardening
-Laundry
-Water aerobics
-Dancing 
-Taking the stairs


2 comments:

  1. I definitely find that cleaning the house gets me out of breath! I feel so tired at the end! It's easy to overlook these things and only think of cardio as running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I find cleaning tires me out but I always forget that It's a good way to keep my body moving.

      Delete